Monday 19 July 2010

Titles we give ourselves

As iI have traveled down this road I have started to find out things about myself which I already new but had been in denial about.

When I first started this I called myself a bit of a freak, I did not understand.

Then I came across some other terms. I became a crossdresser.
I have become more comfortable with the term transvestite after getting past the social 'trans' stigma.

My understanding of each term pushes me towards each tag.
Please be advised these are just my thoughts on the subject, not anything from a dictionary.
To me crossdresser means someone who merely dresses in fem,
A Transvestite starts to act in a feminine way,
A Transgendered person does NOT act as their birth gender (but not necessarily as the opposite)
A Transsexual has either had GCS or is going to.

Then you have your own sexual orientation, straight, gay, bi, lesbian, poly etc.

but I am rambling.

Many years ago I had a bad encounter with a young male, for the record I have nothing against any one of any orientation - but he tried to force things and made me a bit homophobic.

So where does this leave me now?

A wannabe bisexual, transgendered, part time transvestite, mildly homophobic, confused individual living the straight life.

Sucks.

The whole reason for doing any of this is to look at who I am. Who do I want to be?
As I type this I start to feel a bit more at ease with things, (still a mixed bag of thoughts ) I don't know who I want to be - but I know what I don't want.

Considering what I am, I do not want to be a person with any prejudice. It would be a bit hypocritical.

I suppose what I want is what anyone wants, to be accepted for who and what they are.

I want to be me.

I hope that made some sense to someone out there.
made me feel better.

Love to all.

Joanne

1 comment:

  1. accepted for who and what they are

    Are they one and the same? Does it matter if you're straight, gay, trans or from Planet X?

    I think there's another side to acceptance. Sure, there's that of your family and friends, but there's also your own. I think the latter is the hardest.

    ReplyDelete